Cancellation
    Go To Post #1
I am about 250 miles so I would also trailer it. We could have some cool outings within the range of the SRK. I would suggest Deadwood SD one day and Wonderland Cave another day.

A Sturgis SRK Rally could be a really good publicity event for Arcimoto. I wonder if they could be persuaded to move people up in priority if necessary, if they commit to going to Sturgis?

And another real fun idea that would be good publicity. Go to the EAA Oshkosh Fly-In. They have a lot of volunteer shuttle drivers. Volunteer to shuttle people around in the SRK.
    Go To Post #1
Maybe Eric Fritz would comment on the good ideas of the SRK Rally PR event and moving reservationists up in the Que for those promising to attend the Rally.    

It would have been interesting to see the impact if Arcimoto had scheduled a couple day SRK test ride event at the July 30, 2017  thru Aug. 15, 2017 Sturgis Motorcycle Rally.  Attendance is usually in excess of 500,000 people.  A pimped out 'Bad Ass' SRK and a 'Wild Side' Mark Frohnmayer wearing his black Arcimoto T shirt along with a couple of temporary Arcimoto tatoos, may have been marketing genius.  

Maybe next year! Smile

I like your idea of SRK rides around the Black Hills of South Dakota offering some awesome individual or group riding experiences.

Go To Post #1
A lot of bikers especially like any vehicle that isn't a car. Many have several bikes for different purposes. It could be a big market for SRK.
    Go To Post #1
Yes, overall biker interest, but particularly with aging retiring bikers still looking for an open fun riding experience, with improved stability/safety, along with the advantage of enclosure options for year around climate controlled riding comfort.  A BIG market indeed.

Go To Post #1
It seems to be pretty clear that most bikers here in Europe are very different from the picture you portray of the US market. Most of us (young and/or old) would prefer not to be associated with the `bad ass´ Bandido or the `wild side´ of motorcycling. The functional aspects of any two wheeled vehicle are a lot more important. Any alternative to the traditional motorcycle is not primarily a question of image but rather whether the alternative can provide relevant improvements on what we already have.

That is why an open-sided SRK would not be seen as an alternative. A classical motorcycle is faster, more agile (and a lot morte fun). An enclosed SRK would provide weather protection, but would not be as easy to park or be as fast and agile as a bike.

Elderly gents on a quad are generally seen as mid-life crisis, easy rider pretenders and Arcimoto should do its best to distance their product from this fairly comic and derisory image.
    Go To Post #1
There are many varied market segments to the US Motorcycle Market (mostly Euro-like mentalities) represented at the Rally!  My 'Bad Ass' reference  is to the SRK  Motorcycle not the rider/owner.  The annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally hosts 500,000 +attendees with the vast majority regular everyday people from all walks of life having some fun coming together at the nationwide event. There may be a few real life badasses in attendance, but I'm not associated with that segment.   However, thousands of Bad Ass bikes line the streets.  

With that said...............I'm off in my 'Bad Ass' SUV for morning coffee.

Attached Files
.jpg   IMG_8102.JPG (Size: 114.71 KB / Downloads: 32)

Go To Post #1
I think the bad ass bikers get a lot more publicity than they deserve. I think most bikers at Sturgis are more like your description of European bikers.

Yes, a motorcycle is probably more fun than an SRK. But an SRK should be a lot more fun than a car, and a lot safer than a motorcycle, and will be useful in most weather conditions. So, for a serious biker, the SRK will not get him off a bike, but it will get him out of a car a lot more often.
    Go To Post #1
Hence, Arcimoto's new classification of vehicle.........the FUV with cat-like agility. Fun and function.

Go To Post #1
(07-28-2017, 09:03 AM)paravil Wrote: It seems to be pretty clear that most bikers here in Europe are very different from the picture you portray of the US market. Most of us  (young and/or old) would prefer not to be associated with the `bad ass´ Bandido or the `wild side´ of motorcycling. The functional aspects of any two wheeled vehicle are a lot more important. Any alternative to the traditional motorcycle is not primarily a question of image but rather whether the alternative can provide relevant improvements on what we already have.

That is why an open-sided SRK would not be seen as an alternative. A classical motorcycle is faster, more agile (and a lot morte fun). An enclosed SRK would provide weather protection, but would not be as easy to park or be as fast and agile as a bike.

Elderly gents on a quad are generally seen as mid-life crisis, easy rider pretenders and Arcimoto should do its best to distance their product from this fairly comic and derisory image.
Perhaps the "the NY traffic can be fun" quote gives us a sense that the SRK may be more agile in city traffic than you think........without having an actual test drive experience.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Go To Post #1
N0w why d´you think the SRK´d be faster, more agile or easier to park than a Smart? (And I take it that it does sometimes rain and snow in NY)
Suppose you still rely in the WOW! factor ....
In any large city, the SRK´d have to be parked in a garage. And throughout Europe, it´d incur parking charges at the same rate as any car. Please explain what the advantage is!
... unless it automatically comes with two nubile passengers ....