Pre-order in Western Massachusetts!
    Go To Post #1
An article stated that on July 24th, there were 1603 preorders.  Mine was on July 27, so I'm just above that number.  Very interested to see the map updated, and how the SRK Density in my area is.  Hoping to be the first in my area!
    Go To Post #1
Welcome AnimalCage!

Go To Post #1
Thanks, Rick! Read half of the SRK thread in the elioowners forum during Thursday's Patriots game (the game was difficult to watch). Finished the rest of the 53 pages, and have read a lot of this forum. I can't express how excited I am about the SRK. 26 years and four motorcycles, riding in all weather down to 32.5 degrees, many 10+ hour trips... I love riding. Drivers scare me today. Too much distraction. Been looking at options for a long time. Almost jumped on a Spyder. If it weren't for the SRK, I'd probably be in a Slingshot. Seen a Vanderhall on the highway last week. I could never. That thing is so low, I'm surprised the tall truck next to it even knew it was there. Plus, watch the Jay Leno video with Vanderhall owner. They look horribly and comically uncomfortable. No. No to Morgan for the same reason, and cost. T-Rex, nope again. Elio? Would have, but ain't happening. Solo? Would have to see it. So far, Arcimoto ticks off more boxes than the rest. Visibility. Roll cage. Mpg, even "e". Price. Options. Alternate configurations. I'll have to drive it before I decide if tilting keeps it from being the total package.
    Go To Post #1
(09-10-2017, 10:57 PM)AnimalCage Wrote: Thanks, Rick! Read half of the SRK thread in the elioowners forum during Thursday's Patriots game (the game was difficult to watch).  Finished the rest of the 53 pages, and have read a lot of this forum.  I can't express how excited I am about the SRK.  26 years and four motorcycles, riding in all weather down to 32.5 degrees, many 10+ hour trips...  I love riding.  Drivers scare me today.  Too much distraction.  Been looking at options for a long time.  Almost jumped on a Spyder.  If it weren't for the SRK, I'd probably be in a Slingshot.  Seen a Vanderhall on the highway last week.  I could never.  That thing is so low, I'm surprised the tall truck next to it even knew it was there.  Plus, watch the Jay Leno video with Vanderhall owner.  They look horribly and comically uncomfortable.  No.  No to Morgan for the same reason, and cost.  T-Rex, nope again.  Elio?  Would have, but ain't happening.  Solo?  Would have to see it.  So far, Arcimoto ticks off more boxes than the rest.  Visibility.  Roll cage.  Mpg, even "e".  Price.  Options.  Alternate configurations.  I'll have to drive it before I decide if tilting keeps it from being the total package.
Welcome AC!
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
(09-10-2017, 10:57 PM)AnimalCage Wrote: Thanks, Rick! Read half of the SRK thread in the elioowners forum during Thursday's Patriots game (the game was difficult to watch).  Finished the rest of the 53 pages, and have read a lot of this forum.  I can't express how excited I am about the SRK.  26 years and four motorcycles, riding in all weather down to 32.5 degrees, many 10+ hour trips...  I love riding.  Drivers scare me today.  Too much distraction.  Been looking at options for a long time.  Almost jumped on a Spyder.  If it weren't for the SRK, I'd probably be in a Slingshot.  Seen a Vanderhall on the highway last week.  I could never.  That thing is so low, I'm surprised the tall truck next to it even knew it was there.  Plus, watch the Jay Leno video with Vanderhall owner.  They look horribly and comically uncomfortable.  No.  No to Morgan for the same reason, and cost.  T-Rex, nope again.  Elio?  Would have, but ain't happening.  Solo?  Would have to see it.  So far, Arcimoto ticks off more boxes than the rest.  Visibility.  Roll cage.  Mpg, even "e".  Price.  Options.  Alternate configurations.  I'll have to drive it before I decide if tilting keeps it from being the total package.
The SRK will be my first motorcycle purchase, so I'm excited too.  I agree that the SRK checks more boxes than any of the other three wheelers (production or concept).  I have a good feeling (no hope, trust, or faith) that we will see reservationist deliveries in 2018. It's good/fun to hear the opinion of a long time biker that loves to ride.  
I believe retiring bikers will be a major SRK market demographic.

Go To Post #1
Welcome!

This will be my first motorcycle purchase too. I'm literally going to replace my car with an SRK. I always think it's nuts when I hop into a 3000lb vehicle that seats five with a 400 mile range, and I use it to drive a mile alone to buy a light switch and a taco salad. Not exactly an efficient solution.

It's funny how people come at the SRK from different perspectives and reach the same conclusion.
    Go To Post #1
I will use the SRK as a supplement to my family car. It will likely meet 80% of my driving needs. My wife will drive it only when the SUV is unavailable. Although she may love it causing constant fighting over who drives it. Winter driving and long road trips likely the exception. I can hardly wait to test my theory.

Go To Post #1
I expect it will meet 80% to 90% of my driving needs. I suspect my wife will love it. If there is too much fighting over it we will just have to have two of them.
    Go To Post #1
(09-11-2017, 05:33 PM)Rickb Wrote: My wife will drive it only when the SUV is unavailable. Although she may love it causing constant fighting over who drives it.
The arrival of your Tesla 3 might just solve that dilemma! Smile
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
Being in Massachusetts, there's no way this could be a primary vehicle.  Rephrase:  This will not be my winter vehicle.  Could be the primary 3-season vehicle.  I started out looking to replace my aging 2003 Toyota Matrix.  Don't get me wrong, I love my Matrix (XRS:  6-speed, 180 hp Celica Gt engine).  It is NOT a good winter car.  My eyes are set on a Subaru Outback, a much better winter driver with AWD and better ground clearance.  I also want a truck.  Large, 4x4, ground clearance measured in feet for the really bad snow days.    Call it a monthly driver.  So I'm looking at two cars and a monster truck.  Hrmmm, not going to work.  The goal was 1) reliable all season car, 2) big truck for the worst days, and hauling stuff, 3) a motorcycle for myself and one for the wife.  It looks like 1) Subie will come first, probably November this year.  2) SRK will be mid-year? 2018.  After those are paid off, or by winter next year, 3) truck. 

And yes, the wife and I will probably fight over it!!