Arcimoto to Hire 200
    Go To Post #1
"Booming tech industry in Eugene looking for more qualified local employees"
http://nbc16.com/news/local/booming-tech...-employees

Thanks goes to Kepesk for this one.
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
I really hope that the SRK is hugely successful, and that they will be able to create "micro-factories" in the areas with the highest demand.
    Go To Post #1
(02-14-2018, 09:00 PM)SparkE Wrote: I really hope that the SRK is hugely successful, and that they will be able to create "micro-factories" in the areas with the highest demand.
I like the sound of that, but I think one mega factory in Eugene would be more efficient and cost effective with on line ordering and White glove deliveries to customers driveway. 

Based on all the positive reviews, media response, and smiles on test riders faces, success is eminent. Smile

Go To Post #1
God forbid! A factory in Europe is almost certain to be the least cost effective solution. Transport costs (even for bulky products) are decreasing by the year. And I can get spare parts (in my case for General Aviation aircraft) by the next day from the US if need be. This is faster that ordering direct from a German manufacturer!
    Go To Post #1
(02-15-2018, 09:46 AM)paravil Wrote: God forbid! A factory in Europe is almost certain to be the least cost effective solution. Transport costs (even for bulky products) are decreasing by the year. And I can get spare parts (in my case for General Aviation aircraft) by the next day from the US if need be. This is faster that ordering direct from a German manufacturer!

I'd have to agree in the case of Europe.
Look at the domestic prices for vehicles produced in Europe.
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
There is probably a maximum effective size for an auto factory. That is why big outfits like GM and Toyota have factories all over the place. The first hurdle for Arcimoto is to have enough real demand to sustain a steady production rate. Lots of people say they are real hot to have something, and then when it is available they disapppear.

I read a 1946 op-ed by William Piper. That was when small airplane manufacturers were gearing up for a boom, like after WWI when cars became mainstream. Piper wrote (approximately) "Gentlemen, let us face the fact that we are only selling to enthusiasts." Two years later most of his competitors were out of business.