Drinking the Kool-Aid
    Go To Post #1
Yeah I drank the kool-aid a long time ago.
    Go To Post #1
(03-22-2018, 08:34 PM)Rickb Wrote: Sadly, too many people are simply willing to believe what they read about any subject matter without taking the time to fact check if it fits what they think.  It’s why our democracy is being jeopardized.  We need to “Make America Smart Again!”  America was already great and that swamp some people refer to, has turned into a cesspool.  

“Don’t believe everything you think.”  With that said, I believe most of what I think about Arcimoto and the FUV. Smile

(03-22-2018, 12:19 PM)jimball Wrote: And preachers.

What do you call a boatload of lawyers on a sinking ship in the middle of the ocean?

A good start...

seems to me, we in this country need fewer "talentless hypocrites" saying AND more people designing and building new useful stuff like a "fun utility vehicle"

or perhaps we should start over w/ more "civil" discussions

www.theothersidedocumentary.wordpress.com

FWIW given that many of conservatives have strong religious leanings, one thing I really have to wonder about is how do they reconcile that the only instance jesus gets violent is when he confronts the money changers in the temple,... said another way, jesus seems to be saying people who put money first should not be trusted,... this concept is sort of mentioned in the first commandment,... "thou shall not have any other gods before me,..." in other words "money" and "living the high life" is a god that jesus and teachings in the bible (warn),... is stuff people should not to worship

not too long ago heard that since trump has been in office he marked 100 days of playing golf at one of his resorts ,... where "money" and "living the high life" seems pretty much front and center

www.trumpgolfcount.com

yet I have not seen any "fake news" reports of trump going to church or going to a religious service on a regular basis

am I missing something?
[+] 1 user Likes ben's post
    Go To Post #1
Being an early adopter of the FUV (took delivery in nov) there have been problems I've encountered (but went into the process very well aware that this is to be expected given knowledge of the bathtub curve)

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/eng...htub-curve

In some respects COVID-19 is a blessing in disguise for ArciMoto.  This is because it has given the company some breathing room to find weak spots in the manufacturing/supply-chain component process (actually found one myself, a potentiometer that became inoperative or it might be the wiring harness??? or at least that is what I suspect) so it's being picked up and returned to the factory this week to find out exactly what component failed 

(when I called tech support they also told me to check the hall effect sensor was secure, guess this might be related to another post I came across in this forum)

https://fuvowners.com/showthread.php?tid=831&pid=6037#pid6037

Again given the complexity of the problem of starting up a production line for a new transportation vehicle (which is compounded by the pandemic and the need to socially distance to prevent the spread of infections), seems what is going on is a text book example of the first part of the bathtub curve

[Image: bathtub-curve.png]

FWIW the FUV is indeed fun to drive and w/ a windscreen and heated seats,... it certainly is lots more comfortable than my electric beach cruiser bike which I've had for years to get around to the downtown post office or to the chase bank branch in bankers hill, or even just picking up food togo

Because the FUV is highway legal I've used it a few times to cross the coronado bridge BUT because drag increases as a square of velocity the FUV power meter showed decreases by 2 to 3 percent each time I went over the just over two mile stretch

[Image: san-diego-route-map-for-old-town-trolley...ble-gi.jpg]

Having ridden some smaller motorcycles and having an electric bike makes me very well aware that any collision w/ a car or SUV isn't a good idea, so I drive it pretty defensively and find having the bluetooth speakers an un-necessary distraction/item (truth be told if it were up to me I would not have ordered them if they were an option)

W/ the automation feature of cars (like the Tesla auto pilot feature) actually think simple three wheel runabouts like the FUV is going to be the vehicle of choice for individuals who actually enjoy driving (and don't want a computer doing the driving)

Four years back (when I first threw money backing the company), figured there was a 50% chance I'd lose all my "deposit/investment" simply because the product (w/ three wheels) was pretty far out there as far as being accepted as a vehicle that people would want to buy BUT having had a chance to test drive early prototypes and noted it had potential to address the problem of excess CO2 being created because of existing transportation means

http://www.ThereIsNoPlanet-B.org

Last year (2019) noted there was a video showing the company was on the right track putting the big pieces of equipment in place for fabrication of the body,...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stxkNEE7ItU

To scale production, Arcimoto (in June 2020) hired a lean production expert who has supply chain contacts

https://insideevs.com/news/428107/munro-...agreement/

So as far as I'm concerned think my investment "bet" in ArciMoto in the years to come is going to pay off nicely

Having followed tesla since 2006 when I went up to san carlos, ca where the roadster was still under development, and having had the chance to check out the roadster here in san diego I'm pretty confident the FUV in a few years is going to be pretty popular,... one thing I recall is taking the Tesla roadster on harbor drive and noted it wasn't the most useful ride,... this is because the front air dam of the tesla roadster was pretty close to the ground and anytime ya had to go over a driveway curb, railroad track or noticed a pothole in the street, ya had to cross over those everyday obstacles very carefully because they would cause damage to the car,... in the FUV I've noticed stuff like a driveway curb, railroad track or a pothole is stuff that won't ding or hurt an FUV

The one downside to the three wheel layout is having ridden smaller motorcycles, ya can't be as aggressive as you can be on two wheels,... IOW in a turn at higher speeds, there will be understeer,... BUT thing is the FUV is setup as a cruiser w/ some really comfortable "heated" seats, which is perfect for covid events like taste of december nights

https://fox5sandiego.com/news/local-news...lboa-park/

As it stand one thing ArciMoto has to focus on is getting the manufacturing AND reliability down, but I expect by the time the pandemic officially is over, these two issues should be addressed

Last observation, discussing the problem I encountered w/ Arcimoto tech support I asked about quality control (i.e. a test drive after the FUV  exits the production line),... seems they just drive it around the parking lot a little bit (because the vehicle has no license it can't go out for a road test),... IMHO Arcimoto needs to build is a rolling road rig to dynamically stress test the completed vehicle after production and before customer delivery 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJzyTvOs2HY