Introduction
    Go To Post #1
Hi, I am trying to find out if the Arcimoto SRK is really going to happen.  I am in Casper, Wyoming and I have been looking for this kind of vehicle for a long time - for energy conservation and for fun, for the 90% of travel that is in town.  I would be ready to put down a deposit, but sales@arcimoto.com does not answer e-mails, the preorder link on the website goes nowhere, and nobody answers postings on the Arcimoto facebook page.  Has this company failed at the threshold of production, like so many predecessors?
    Go To Post #1
Good morning Dan!

Yes, it is definitely going to happen. I just attended an event where they had all three of their current prototypes out on display, and they are constantly giving test drives and talking about their progress. Word is they are building their pilot fleet now (for the investors) and they are going into production at the end of this year or the beginning of the next. Just a few months now!

I don't know why you were having problems with the preorder links (I just tested all three and they seem to work for me), but the reason the A Team can sometimes be less than responsive is they're a small crew right now, and they're all putting in a lot of hours to make this happen. I'm sure they'll be more responsive on the communication as they get closer to launch.
    Go To Post #1
Thanks for your reply. I tried changing internet options, but the preorder links still go nowhere (they just reload the home page). I will try it from another computer when I get the chance.

Anyway, if they are serious, somebody should be checking sales e-mails, facebook, and twitter daily, even if everyone is swamped. I'll tell you, I am a nerd and I am sure all the Arcimoto employees are nerds. We are good at inventing things and building prototypes, but tend to be totally ignorant about what it takes to produce and sell a product. Since I am an old nerd, I have come to realize how important and difficult these things are.
    Go To Post #1
Hi Dan. Welcome! It's great to have you on-board.
Like Kepesk said, they're a surprisingly small outfit in Eugene, Oregon.
Check out some of the pictures with the shop in the background.
I like the idea that "from humble beginnings come great things."

I agree with you that engineers don't always do the best marketing... But...

They've just finished a cross-country tour and are working hard on testing the ETC.
They're definitely serious. As I understand the state of things (someone correct me if I'm wrong)...
As soon as they're done testing the ETC (the latest and the final pre-production prototype)...
They're going to start producing and delivering the limited edition signature series.

There are two things that impress me most about Arcimoto.
One is that I've not read one bad tour review of the SRK.
Not one.  Not by laymen. And not by journalists.

The other is that these people are so honestly down to earth and likeable it's sickening.

I checked the pre-order link with firefox and I have a theory that might help.
When you click on https://www.arcimoto.com/#preorder-reserve ...
The sequential forms that you fill out should appear as a small pop ups.
If you've got javascript or general scripting disabled or have a pop-up blocker active...
That might be why you're not seeing that first pre-order form.

Let us know if that helps. If not, we'll stay on it and try to get you through to them.
Again, welcome, make yourself at home and I hope you enjoy the community.
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
I enabled popups and scripting, knocked security levels to minimum, and still nothing. Maybe it is the firewall. I will try from elsewhere.

The time is right for me because my wife, having heard about a number of recent motorcycle fatalities, is on my case to quit riding. I have been riding for 58 years without injury, but I do understand that motorcycles are a whole lot more dangerous than cars. I don't want to give up riding a motorcycle (which I use for every trip when the weather permits and I don't have to haul too much) unless I find something as much fun, safer, more weather-tolerant, and more energy efficient. The Arcimoto SRK is the only thing I have found that meets these criteria and I want one.
    Go To Post #1
Hi Dan.
Just for giggles, I tried to bring up https://www.arcimoto.com in IE9 on windows home vista and it wouldn't even bring up the home page.
That browser on my home machine started getting squirrely on me a year ago. The new code's made it outdated and next to totally non-functional.
That's why I finally went to firefox. I emailed Arcimoto via info@arcimoto.com and described your dilemma. They usually respond in short order.
They've been on our site before too, so they might even stop in and respond to your posts.

It sounds like the arcimoto might be a perfect fit for you.

I ride a '95 250 Virago and a '03 650 V-star Custom.

Update: Dan, Kyle at Arcimoto said to have you contact them at info@arcimoto.com and they'll get you reserved.
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
Welcome Dan!

Go To Post #1
(10-03-2016, 10:40 PM)DiscjockeyDale Wrote: Hi Dan.
Just for giggles, I tried to bring up https://www.arcimoto.com in IE9 on windows home vista and it wouldn't even bring up the home page.
That browser on my home machine started getting squirrely on me a year ago. The new code's made it outdated and next to totally non-functional.
That's why I finally went to firefox. I emailed Arcimoto via info@arcimoto.com and described your dilemma. They usually respond in short order.
They've been on our site before too, so they might even stop in and respond to your posts.

It sounds like the arcimoto might be a perfect fit for you.

I ride a '95 250 Virago and a '03 650 V-star Custom.

Update: Dan, Kyle at Arcimoto said to have you contact them at  info@arcimoto.com and they'll get you reserved.

I managed to log in from my home computer and put in a $100 reservation. It must have been the firewall.

I drive a KLR650. I use it mostly around town, but it is nice to get into the mountain roads with it. However, I find hiking or mountain bicycling is just as much fun, so I don't need an off-road vehicle.

I care very much about the environment and the energy future. It is impossible to go back to a non-technological lifestyle from where we are now. Instead, we must bend technology to use less resources instead of more. Arcimoto is doing that. This year I moved into a passive solar home that I designed. It consumes no fossil fuels, and photovoltaics produce more electricity than I use. Now I want to attack the transportation side of energy use.
    Go To Post #1
Thumbs up on your SRK reservation. The open air base model or enclosure panel option in your future?

Go To Post #1
The preorder doesn't specify options, but I would want the enclosure option, which would only be on in Winter.  Currently I ride a motorcycle whenever it isn't raining, and is above freezing, and the roads aren't icy.  With SRK I should be able to expand that envelope (and have more fun).