Pictures & 'Smart Tint'
    Go To Post #1
The smart tint product looks like a good solution.  

Keep in mind that most potential FUV customers, likely classify and will refer to the FUV as their car and may prefer some simple autolike features to avoid having to wear motorcycle designer leather fashion, bandanas, headgear, sunglasses, etc.. Hardcore cycle enthusiasts will likely prefer and be more open to bare minimal riding experiences.  Nice to have a few simple options for candyasses like me.

I will ride in my climate with enclosure panels on most of the time, but like the idea of open air riding on the nicest of days and in particular nighttime rides.

Go To Post #1
One of my favorite experiences in driving my Miata was to keep the top up, but zip down the rear plastic window to preserve the windy flavor of driving a convertible.... kind of like the bikini top for Jeeps.  It was a great way to keep from cooking in the sun but still enjoy the outside.  However, I suspect the relatively high and narrow roofline of the FUV won't offer too much protection (unless you get the enclosures).  Better break out the hats and sunscreen. Wink
    Go To Post #1
(04-03-2018, 02:16 PM)DiscjockeyDale Wrote: A member in chat last night suggested some kind of simple interior sliding 'pull screen' set up...
Giving you  both options of moon and stars at night and protection on hot sunny days.
It could actually be fitted into small runner grooves on the frame tubes...

Someone needs to figure out a design and material that would not end up flapping in the wind.
Maybe heavily tinted spring loaded rolled up vinyl similar to the visor material shown in Rick's picture?

No... wait. Too complicated. Scratch all that. We need the whole thing to be one giant transitions lens.
There actually is photochromic film for auto windows available out there. But it looks like it has serious limitations.

Something even more effective is 'Smart Tint' electrochromic film. DIY with your choice of seven colors.

http://www.SmartTint.com

If it would be possible for Arcimoto to be even cooler than they already are...
They could contract out their poly roof material to be infused with photochromatic dye.
OR... Have have their poly roof made in a 'Switchglass' sandwich configuration.

But the simplest and best solution would be for them to offer a factory 'Smart Tint' installation option.

Just turn the dial and make the canopy as opaque as you want whenever you want.
The thing that got me is that it's "dimmable".

Another important consideration is how long will it take...
For those beautiful FUV seats to deteriorate if they're left sitting in the direct sun?

Any one of these would get a lot of worldwide attention!
And make your FUV the coolest one in town.

Now THAT would work.

Well, I guess it'll install on vinyl too! I'm guessing polycarbonate shouldn't be a problem
Quote from 'Smart Tint': "Dark Grey Smart Tint Installed on a Plexiglas panel."

Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
(04-03-2018, 03:58 PM)AnimalCage Wrote: Open air riding at night is one of my favorite things to do.  I would definitely be against a permanent light-blocking solution.

Riding at night with your eyes anywhere but on the road ahead of you is asking for trouble.  Just sayin'...
    Go To Post #1
One thiing I like best about riding a motorcycle is unobstructed visibility. I can keep my eyes on the road while peripheral vision immerses me in the outside. I have much better situational awareness. This is vital because a lot of car drivers don't. I am tall and whenever a passenger pulls down a sun shade it makes a really dangerous blind spot.

How about a flexible cover to pull over the top, like garden shade cloth? Cheap, effective, and removable.
    Go To Post #1
(04-04-2018, 04:26 AM)jimball Wrote: Riding at night with your eyes anywhere but on the road ahead of you is asking for trouble.  Just sayin'...

As a youngster, I asked for more trouble than I knew. Screaming down the highway at over 100 mph was something I did all the time, even at night. Nowadays, I'm little wiser and a bit less rich (speeding tickets, and all that), so the riding is a bit more relaxed now. But having that open air feeling... Ahhh. Thinking from the passenger seat perspective, I would prefer to see the moon and stars above me if (I mean "when") my wife is driving.
    Go To Post #1
I like the idea of a smart tint option but perhaps AM should at least offer a clear and a tinted version
[+] 1 user Likes ricschug's post