Mashable Test Drive
    Go To Post #1
I definitely almost died driving this three-wheeled car, but I still really want it
https://train.mashable.com/2018/04/02/ar...py4o15Jgq4

Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
Not the best review I've read, but it's been said "bad publicity is better than no publicity."
    Go To Post #1
I liked her review.  Arcimoto should use her quote, “I almost died driving this three wheeled car, but I still really want it”.

The writer had a blast driving the FUV, she just needs  a little more confidence building experience behind the handlebars.

Go To Post #1
(04-03-2018, 01:49 AM)DiscjockeyDale Wrote: I definitely almost died driving this three-wheeled car, but I still really want it
https://train.mashable.com/2018/04/02/ar...py4o15Jgq4

Quote" Driving this thing in the city is another matter entirely. For one, it's incredibly difficult to steer, at least when you're first starting out. Moving it between lanes and swerving to avoid traffic had me huffing and puffing. I sincerely apologize to the many drivers who honked irately as I threw my back into swerving the Arcimoto through multiple intersections. And while I managed to avoid hitting any cars, people, dogs, phone poles, scaffolding, or traffic cones, I can't say there weren't a few close calls. 

This can not be correct-  difficult to steer- was the power steering not working? I almost died- WTF.
I don't give a lot of credence to this person.
[+] 1 user Likes PAX's post
    Go To Post #1
Yeah I pointed it out on Facebook, but the article makes it sound a lot like she was driving an Alpha, not a Sig Series. I'll bet she reposted an article from last year's auto show and added new photos.
[+] 1 user Likes Kepesk's post
    Go To Post #1
She sounds like she's never ridden a motorcycle, or anything other than car with power steering. Us old geeks remember cars without power steering. Us motorcyclists also understand that there's a learning curve when it comes to properly steering a bike. I give her credit for giving it a go. I also think its a good review for those like her without experience in non-car vehicles. Its not a car. There is a learning curve. You have to figure stuff out. Maybe your first few drives shouldn't be in NYC traffic. The last paragraph, "Once I had somewhat figured out the steering..." tells you everything. Give it a chance, spend some time in the seat, love on it a little, and you'll never want to ride in a car again.
[+] 2 users Like AnimalCage's post
    Go To Post #1
Her experience may be typical to first time motorcycle riders.......the vast majority of future FUV Owners.
A vehicle as light weight as the FUV shouldn’t need power steering.  My guess is she was turning the wheels while stopped which takes more effort than when on a roll.  It sounds like she got the hang of it after a short learning curve and obviously loved the FUV riding experience.  She will be a future customer.

Go To Post #1
(04-03-2018, 03:51 PM)Rickb Wrote: Her experience may be typical to first time motorcycle riders.......the vast majority of future FUV Owners.

Yup. Don't scare people away, but give them the truth, and the information they need to be as successful as possible. If a new-to-non-car person goes for a first ride, they should be aware ahead of time that it is a little different. That it may take a few miles to get the hang of it. A "First Time Drivers" tips and tricks guide to the FUV.
    Go To Post #1
Yes, but if someone was actually scared away by the mashable article, they weren’t viable test riders or customers from the git go. It’s like choosing to ride a roller coaster, all first time riders a little scared, some scared enough to never ride one regardless of the felt like I was going to die, most fun ride ever reviews. Frankly, I fit that category when it comes to traditional motorcycles and trikes, a little apprehensive in regards to highway speeds in the FUV, but have chosen to ride the ride.

Go To Post #1
The best thing about her article was the overall results. She clearly had never been in or on anything like this before and was scared to death at first. But at the end of her ride she loved it and had a blast. Now that is spelled FUV
[+] 1 user Likes ricschug's post