Out On The Town
    Go To Post #1
(04-14-2018, 07:32 AM)paravil Wrote: I´ll quite definitely buy a small, narrow (less than 80cm width), electric or hybrid powered tandem two seater with tilting technology and fully eclosed (removeable side panels) with a max. speed of over 100km/h when it´s made by a company I can trust according to internationally accepted safety norms.

Have you figured out where you are going to stable your unicorn?  I hear they have peculiar dietary requirements.  And what about a proper saddle?  Do you prefer English or Western saddles, or perhaps you prefer to ride your unicorn side saddle.
    Go To Post #1
Jimball, it´ll be kept right there with my motorbikes. Like all the tilting three wheeled scooters, it´d be the same width, so will get through to my workshop without too much bother. And, not being a Harley rider, I won´t be needing a side saddle. I´m sure you´re right, it is unlikely to be made in the US. None of the many prototypes that have been made and displayed by major manufacturers have come from the US. But then, the advantage is that it´ll likely be well designed and won´t look like either a disability vehicle or a coloured plastic dildo.
    Go To Post #1
(04-14-2018, 02:20 PM)Lparavil Wrote: Think Toyota´s given up on the iRoad. The design was flawed (rear wheel steering, limited top speed). Tilting three wheeled scooters are quite popular here. I´ve tried one out and it was a lot safer than my hot bike. What makes the SRK and the Solo interesting is the question of their acceptance under the given international certification categories.

Toyota used i-Road images in their 2018 Winter Olympics advertising, so it’s apparently still on the production table after 40 prototype builds and years of road testing.  Living in the city, I’d buy one in a heartbeat for urban commutes and everyday errands. The I-Road is the only possibility of a narrow tilting three wheeler option in my lifetime.  2400 reservationists have accepted the FUV and every test driver has ear to ear grins on their faces with only positive feedback on the quiet/smooth/ sports car like performance and handling experience.  Regarding your personal SRK acceptance, I believe if you ever have and take the opportunity to test drive it, you ‘might’ like the experience and the option to continue an open and or enclosed motorcycle riding experience if you decide to sell your current motorcycles.  I could be wrong!  The only startup company I currently trust to deliver and provide the needed after the sale customer support is Arcimoto.

[+] 2 users Like Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
(04-14-2018, 06:37 PM)paravil Wrote: Jimball, it´ll be kept right there with my motorbikes. Like all the tilting three wheeled scooters, it´d be the same width, so will get through to my workshop without too much bother. And, not being a Harley rider, I won´t be needing a side saddle. I´m sure you´re right, it is unlikely to be made in the US. None of the many prototypes that have been made and displayed by major manufacturers have come from the US. But then, the advantage is that it´ll likely be well designed and won´t look like either a disability vehicle or a coloured plastic dildo.

Every person on this forum (and a fair share of Earth's population alive today) will be dead & dust before your fantasy ride becomes a reality.  Compromise and pick a real vehicle, or build your own - nobody else really wants what you describe or it would already be on the market.  Every. Single. Example. you have presented is either just fantasy art on some engineer's computer or a one-of-a-kind prototype never to see production.  I think it is more likely that Elio will open a dealership on the moon before anyone builds and markets a tilting three-wheeler that you would be happy with.

BTW:  My questions to you about a unicorn were about the 4-legged critter with a horn growing out of it's forehead - because that's what you are asking for.  As for side-saddle, that's how noble ladies used to ride...
[+] 1 user Likes jimball's post
    Go To Post #1
I do, along with a countless number of members of the old Fly the Road Club Forum. Toyota could bring their i-Road concept to some worldwide markets, even the USA. 40 mph is fast enough for me around town and those that have test driven the I-road say it feels like flying an x-wing fighter......like they’ve flown an X-Wing. Smile

Go To Post #1
(04-14-2018, 08:16 PM)Rickb Wrote: I do, along with a countless number of members of the old Fly the Road Club Forum.  Toyota could bring their i-Road concept to some worldwide markets, even the USA.  40 mph is fast enough for me around town and those that have test driven the I-road say it feels like flying an x-wing fighter......like they’ve flown an X-Wing. Smile

The difference is that you have a slightly firmer grip on reality and will buy an Arcimoto as soon as your number comes up, as will I.
[+] 1 user Likes jimball's post
    Go To Post #1
(04-13-2018, 08:05 AM)paravil Wrote: Like many people who work at a desk, he´s wearing a dark grey suit. And even if he´d just picked up some clothes from the dry cleaners, he´d only get back home without his suit and the clothes being covered in dust IF THERE WERE DOORS AND ENCLOSURES!
It´s just not good enough to repeatedly maintain that they´re `coming soon´. Or that they´re just so easy to fit later on etc. etc.
Discussions as to whether there´s space for a cup holder etc are inconsequential compared with the possibility of enclosing the passenger compartment. Is this becoming the elephant in the room? Why hasn´t Arcimoto at least shown us a bit more than pretty photoshop `renderings´?

It doesn't matter until they start shipping final product in quantity. So far, they are shipping one-offs to a small number of individuals and then the "betas" (I *think* that's what they are called) to a larger # of units (but still a smallish number) : THEN they will start shipping to us peons. That isn't going to happen 'soon' (4 months from now), it will happen 'eventually' (next year at the earliest). 

Unless they've announced a change in plans? If not, it doesn't matter much what the details of door enclosures are at the moment. It will matter next year, when they start selling in quantity.
[+] 1 user Likes SparkE's post
    Go To Post #1
My hope is that the AM team has their heads down and is totally focused on getting into production. Yes I'm sure there is a bunch of design going on as well for manufacturability, doors, cup holder, and bling but getting into production is paramount. Whoever gets there first will have a distinct advantage over all other competitors.
    Go To Post #1
(04-14-2018, 07:49 PM)jimball Wrote:  I think it is more likely that Elio will open a dealership on the moon before anyone builds and markets a tilting three-wheeler that you would be happy with.

Well, Elio Motors is now in the process of trying to launch an ICO of "Eliocoin".

I'm not kidding. Google it. It's sad, but true.

IMO, Paul gets closer to eventual criminal prosecution and civil litigation every day.
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
Big Grin      Go To Post #1
(04-12-2018, 09:01 PM)DiscjockeyDale Wrote: danigone  Arcimotos at the Cherry Blossoms, driving around the tidal basin.

When you look as good as your ride does...

At first glance, I thought the FUV was being driven by All State's "Mister Mayhem" [Image: biggrin.png]
[+] 2 users Like Buzzard Bait's post