First time buying stock
    Go To Post #1
I'm thinking of buying a block of 100 shares of FUV and just hanging on to it.  Maybe another hundred shares later if the price holds or does not climb out of my price range.  It closed today at $2.85.  I'll probably go through Charles Schwab or Scottrade as I don't intend to get in the habit of buying & selling stocks. (no experience, no desire, no money...)  I'd just like to own a small piece of Arcimoto to show my support, and I think I'd eventually get my money back, or even make a small profit.

Anyone care to tell how many shares of Arcimoto they own?

Any advice for a first time stock buyer?
[+] 1 user Likes jimball's post
    Go To Post #1
I bought a ‘few’ shares during their initial offering to show support for the very credible A Team and to help fund their production phase, as a long term investor.  The shares will pass on to my grandkids along with my low mileage FUV.  Although, I will likely buy them their personal FUVs when they reach driving age.

My experience and advice for investing in the stock market is don’t invest any more than you can afford to lose, diversify, and buy low, sell high. Smile

Go To Post #1
I invested a few months before the IPO because I wanted to support them and believed they were on the right track. I also put in my reservation in May of 2011 and just found out that I'm #27 in the queue. Maybe I'll get it before the end of the year.
[+] 3 users Like jetpad's post
    Go To Post #1
(04-28-2018, 12:11 AM)jetpad Wrote: I invested a few months before the IPO because I wanted to support them and believed they were on the right track. I also put in my reservation in May of 2011 and just found out that I'm #27 in the queue. Maybe I'll get it before the end of the year.

Congratulations on the great number Jetpad!
Members can now automatically display their FUV #s in the header of their posts.

Go to: User CP > Edit Profile > FUV: Vehicle Number.
I can only imagine how good it feels for those of you that are part of the first batch.
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
I bought the minimum in the IPO (I'm not a rich man), and I've bought more a few times when the price has been particularly low. Including just today!
    Go To Post #1
I also bought the minimum because it was all I could do. Not a stock investor, just a supporter of a company that I believe has the most complete answer out there.
    Go To Post #1
(04-28-2018, 01:48 AM)DiscjockeyDale Wrote: Congratulations on the great number Jetpad!
Members can now automatically display their FUV #s in the header of their posts.

Go to: User CP > Edit Profile > FUV: Vehicle Number.
I can only imagine how good it feels for those of you that are part of the first batch.

When I found out my vehicle number, they said that I'd probably be able to buy one of the vehicles in the pilot program which happens after the signature series but would still be considered pre-production.  I can get one then or wait until the 4th quarter which is when actual production is suppose to start. I of course want it as soon as possible but can also see that waiting and letting them work out those initial bugs might be a good idea. Any be reason one way or the other that I should consider?
[+] 4 users Like jetpad's post
    Go To Post #1
(04-28-2018, 03:17 PM)jetpad Wrote: When I found out my vehicle number, they said that I'd probably be able to buy one of the vehicles in the pilot program which happens after the signature series but would still be considered pre-production.  I can get one then or wait until the 4th quarter which is when actual production is suppose to start. I of course want it as soon as possible but can also see that waiting and letting them work out those initial bugs might be a good idea. Any be reason one way or the other that I should consider?

If the pre-production Pilot Program FUVs are available and offered to a few long time reservation holders/supporters at the production pricepoint it would be very tempting to be a Pilot.  I believe the A Team has and will continue to exercise the highest degree of quality control during all the various phases of production.  Also, you should have some valuable Signature Series owner reviews prior to making your decision.

[+] 2 users Like Rickb's post