June 9th Party!
    Go To Post #1
(05-26-2018, 05:06 PM)GodFollower Wrote: I am not so sure, the whole ICO program seemed a little "dry for my taste".

Big Grin

I am not sure it merits it's own thread, the topic may come across as too "light and airy".

My apologies for the corny humor. It just popped out of me!

I'm sorry you think it's a bit dry.  But my understanding is the the ICO is BYOB (Bring Your Own Butter), so that should help. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes CreativeGuy's post
    Go To Post #1
This was a pretty awesome event, despite the rain.  In all, there were 8 complete standard Signature Series FUVs on display, one mostly complete Deliverator, one partially complete Signature Series, one Beta in an early stage of construction, and three betas that weren't anything more than battery boxes.

There was music, there was food, there were FUVs, it was great!

The biggest piece of new info I took away from the event is the new nose design.  I was wondering how they were getting away with headlights so far apart on motorcycles, and it turns out they're not.  So the Deliverator they're building is the first FUV with the new nose (and it has a pretty wild paint job):

[Image: IMG_c70lzb.jpg]

Alongside Mark's #00, Nathan Fillion's spaceship, and the orange and blue marketing vehicles, they had CreativeGuy and PAX's vehicles:

[Image: P_20180609_153339_v_HDR_Auto.jpg][Image: P_20180609_152043_v_HDR_Auto.jpg]

a really slick teal Signature Series:

[Image: P_20180609_152204_v_HDR_Auto.jpg][Image: P_20180609_160512_v_HDR_Auto.jpg]

an even SLICKER super-deep blue one:

[Image: P_20180609_163430_v_HDR_Auto.jpg]

and of course the Deliverator I posted above.

Those were all running and driveable, and I even got to take a spin in the back of #03:

The event was just a blast and it was amazing to see all that progress.
[+] 1 user Likes Kepesk's post
    Go To Post #1
What are the panels over the door openings on the Red & Yellow FUVs? Some sort of mini-door?
    Go To Post #1
It's the "quarter-door" option. There will also be half and full door options.
    Go To Post #1
(06-10-2018, 04:02 AM)Kepesk Wrote: The biggest piece of new info I took away from the event is the new nose design.  I was wondering how they were getting away with headlights so far apart on motorcycles, and it turns out they're not.

It looks like it may be the same nose except for that specific area.
I think they just swapped out the center black panel that had the chrome emblem on it with a smooth surfaced light panel.
It's hard to tell with the wrap. It's still possible that it's one molded piece. But I doubt it.
That's exactly where I thought they'd put the center light array.

Keep in mind that this is the type of pattern that automotive manufacturers put on vehicles...
When they're not ready to reveal the actual lines of the vehicle in the media.
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
They did indeed have two signature series there that were being delivered yesterday. Did they belong to anyone in here?
    Go To Post #1
GF, yes one is mine and the other is Creativeguy
[+] 2 users Like PAX's post
    Go To Post #1
Nice! Excited to hear some feedback once you guys have some seat/road time on them, and congratulations! Very cool looking vehicles, thanks for letting those of us at the event look at them.
    Go To Post #1
Quote:The biggest piece of new info I took away from the event is the new nose design.  I was wondering how they were getting away with headlights so far apart on motorcycles, and it turns out they're not.  So the Deliverator they're building is the first FUV with the new nose (and it has a pretty wild paint job):

What happens when you have the headlights far apart on a motorcycle?
    Go To Post #1
(06-13-2018, 06:09 PM)jetpad Wrote: What happens when you have the headlights far apart on a motorcycle?

Most states have laws restricting the separation distance of motorcycle headlights, if the motorcycle has more than one.