XponentialWorks
    Go To Post #1
https://youtu.be/OKnkds4lv7w

Very cool. Unfortunately I see the 11k fuv slowly drifting away.
    Go To Post #1
I'm not sure the world is ready for this. Perhaps time would be better spent on battery technology to improve the range. Actually time would best be spent on increasing shipment volume. I hope that is AMPs top priority but that is certainly not evident.
    Go To Post #1
(01-25-2020, 05:34 PM)ricschug Wrote: I'm not sure the world is ready for this. Perhaps time would be better spent on battery technology to improve the range.  Actually time would best be  spent on increasing shipment volume. I hope that is AMPs top priority but that is certainly not evident.

Arcimoto is not spending much time on this. They simply determined which parts could benefit and handed the DWF files over for the other company to work on it. The people cranking out Arcimotos are still cranking them out. It absolutely is their top priority. As a company they should be looking at improvements. Main battery technology is not done by small, 50-80M dollar companies. It is done by huge companies like Panasonic, Tesla, and the Chinese. To ask that Arcimoto develop improved batteries is simply not possible. They already use batteries that are the most effective (Lithium Ion) and most reasonably priced (Chinese).
[+] 1 user Likes harriska2's post
    Go To Post #1
Tesla
https://youtu.be/bDblwKPSXpo

He says world wide consumption. That means it will most likely be cheap. How can arcimoto compete with Teslas robots building robots. China has the robot power.. I'm sure it will be nearly 90% robot power and they have the rare earth magnets.

XponentialWorks is a great thing for Arcimoto.. it's more than great.. it's necessary. Tesla cyberpunk is in Arcimoto neighborhood. Manufacturing leverage. It's a strike across the bow. Arcimoto needs the battery.. but Tesla might have the.million mile glass battery. The battery day is in February.
[+] 1 user Likes Templedog1's post
    Go To Post #1
Old news. (well, maybe not for arcimoto). There was a company several years ago pioneering "3D printing of vehicles". Open source body part specs, recyclable plastic extrusion. They won a guiness record for 3D printing of a car, i think. They were BIG into the msg of "global thoughts, local production" (multiple micro-factories with 3D printers spread around the country). The "durable parts (main frame, motor, etc) were std metal, the body parts (80-90%) were printed.

got it. Local motors. Do a google. (Although they seems to have mutated into people-movers (busses).
    Go To Post #1
The big thing is that they're not 3D printing the production parts - they're 3D printing the prototypes to nail down the shape, then production proper molds for rapid production.

That's the problem with 3D printing - it's just too slow for high volume production. And this improvement is about decreasing the weight of the "durable/standard metal" parts, not just 3D printing the other bits.
    Go To Post #1
(01-27-2020, 06:08 PM)CharonPDX Wrote: The big thing is that they're not 3D printing the production parts - they're 3D printing the prototypes to nail down the shape, then production proper molds for rapid production.

That's the problem with 3D printing - it's just too slow for high volume production. And this improvement is about decreasing the weight of the "durable/standard metal" parts, not just 3D printing the other bits.

In addition, by 3D printing the cast, they can now outsource casting to another company and thus increase production. It's how Boeing does their airplanes.
    Go To Post #1
(01-27-2020, 06:13 PM)harriska2 Wrote: In addition, by 3D printing the cast, they can now outsource casting to another company and thus increase production. It's how Boeing does their airplanes.

That isn't much of a compliment anymore. Big Grin  . (Yes, I know it was software related, but they have had problems "to the Max" recently. (Boeing). Yes, pun intended.
[+] 1 user Likes SparkE's post
    Go To Post #1
I wrote to info@arcimoto.com again to ask when I might be able to get #1007 or whether I can sign up for an Evergreen. Still no response.
    Go To Post #1
(02-04-2020, 05:18 PM)DanCooper Wrote: I wrote to info@arcimoto.com again to ask when I might be able to get #1007 or whether I can sign up for an Evergreen. Still no response.

Email both Jonathan Miller (miller@arcimoto.com) and Joe Morgan (joe@arcimoto.com). Ask if you can still be squeezed in, realizing you are late. Be nice. Tell them that Kat sent you (just kidding Wink ).