A question for Evergreen Owners
    Go To Post #1
(10-09-2019, 09:46 PM)CreativeGuy Wrote: Yes, I have a Print Shop. 
I miscalculated shipping costs.  I'll need to charge $9.00  to ship the postcards.

Which reminds me, are you doing the individualized cards? My FUV supposedly finished construction yesterday, is undergoing QA today, will be ready to pick up tomorrow (although I won't be able to head down to actually pick it up until Friday most likely.)  I'll gladly throw some money your way for them.
    Go To Post #1
I'm still waiting on finalization of the "technical information" side of the card from Arcimoto. Then, I'll ask owners to email me a picture of their new FUVs in landscape. Then I'll print and ship the cards. You will likely have your FUV before I'm ready to print the fist cards. I'll message you with details

BTW, I just decided to forgo the custom paint job on Goldie II which will eliminate an additional two week delay. I'll still get to have her painted but I can wait for sometime in the Winter when the Paint shop has more time available. For now, Goldie II will have yellow vinyl on the silver base.\
[+] 2 users Like CreativeGuy's post
    Go To Post #1
Someone's asking on the FB group if you've gotten yours yet - I would find it odd if you haven't (unless you JUST made the paint decision.)
    Go To Post #1
(10-09-2019, 11:44 PM)CharonPDX Wrote: Someone's asking on the FB group if you've gotten yours yet - I would find it odd if you haven't (unless you JUST made the paint decision.)

I just made the decision yesterday to hold off on the paint and go with vinyl for now.
[+] 1 user Likes CreativeGuy's post
    Go To Post #1
Base Silver/Yellow accent is my color choice. Now I’m looking forward to seeing a photo of Goldie II setting along side YOU as soon as possible. Curious when you do the custom paint, does the vinyl remove as easily as it goes on? Smile

Go To Post #1
I'm not sure how easily the vinyl comes off or if there is a special process to do that. I guess I'll find out some day.
    Go To Post #1
(10-10-2019, 05:15 AM)Dr_Jim Wrote: I've not examined the FUV's vinyl closely, but the shop near us made unwrapping a car seem a fairly simple process - although, one that needed two moderately skillful people.

The lead person wielded a heatgun on medium heat & high airflow with a fairly wide, narrow diffuser, using full, even passes over the section to be lifted. The other person started gently lifting the vinyl along its edge with what looked like an HDPE or Teflon oversized putty knife. Once they had enough lifted to grab onto, they'd pull gently across the entire section about 12 - 16" behind the heatgun, trying to lift everything clear in one smooth operation.

Here's a video that clearly shows what I'm talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoKVuiE9WCM

Since the FUV has pretty small vinyl patches, you shouldn't have a difficult time removing them working alone as long as you use low heat & pull slowly.

Once the vinyl's off, then the fun begins - removing the adhesive residue isn't trivial, and can be pretty unpleasant - the pros were using either Xylene or MEK and working in bunny suits and full face respirators - you might get away with something as simple as Goof Off, gloves, and a painter's respirator.

DO check with the Custom shop for their recommended solvent and adhesive removal process and follow it slavishly.  

Above all, be absolutely, stupidly, absurdly anal about getting every last speck of adhesive removed - buy a bundle of cheap shop rags - swipe once, fold the rag over, swipe again, then throw it onto the dirty pile. Ditto gloves, if you even think they might have touched wet adhesive, take them off, turn them inside out and throw them away.

You're this careful because specks of missed adhesive will ball up under your prep sandpaper, pickup bits of loose abrasive, and 'SKRITCH!" make a swirl of deep scratches that you'll get to spend hours filling and feathering in. Please don't ask me how I know this...

Cheers
Jim
Makes me wonder if ordering in Silver with no vinyl is a way to go. Maybe get a hat instead.
[+] 1 user Likes harriska2's post
    Go To Post #1
I considered base silver no vinyl thinking I would paint someday, but that’s boring and the longer I own the Evergreen the less likely I would ever spend the money on custom paint, so vinyl color it is. It will carry me through my FUV riding days or until I hand it off to my Grandson when he’s old enough to drive in 3-4 years. He’s eager (we both are) for his first ride when he visits over the holidays, providing I’ve taken delivery by then. Smile

Go To Post #1
Based on Dr_Jim’s post, it might be cheaper to trade up to paint considering all the added prep labor and still risk imperfections in the painted finish.

Go To Post #1
Rickb, if you want paint then, assuming a good quality job, it would certainly be best to have it painted prior to assembly. That is my plan someday.
[+] 1 user Likes ricschug's post