"Welcome to the Future" Event at the AMP: Thur 9/19/19
    Go To Post #1
Well, I guess that we are off and running.  The ramp up seems slow, but I guess they need time to perfect everything.
Based upon a 5 day work week, I only see about 125 units by the end of this year.
[+] 1 user Likes gregbinahurry's post
    Go To Post #1
(09-19-2019, 03:24 PM)Rickb Wrote: Sweet!  The official Retail Evergreen Edition Reveal!  The doors blend perfectly and appear invisible.  I’m critical of the add on turn signal retrofit.  I see those turn signal extensions bumped broken and/or hanging, but otherwise a nice looking piece of work.  I like the wider band of accent color on the front fenders.
[Image: DAD7-E394-0-A2-B-4947-93-CD-23-FD440-EF283.jpg]

Perhaps Mark will demo how easily it is to attach the doors at the Event later today! Smile

I agree about the turn signals Rick. Butt ugly and totally unnecessary. Hell, I easily did an upgrade on both my bikes that , when combined with the original FUV turn signals, would have met the "visible from both front and side" requirements. In addition to the regular motorcycle front turn signals, I simply switched out the side (strut) reflector for  a light that is absolutely identical to said reflector except that it's also a dual circuit  combo reflector, side running light and side turn signal. You can get them on ebay for $1.89 with free shipping. And most of them are DOT approved. Hmmm. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-Truc...Sw8j1dWACs [Image: s-l1600.jpg]
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
[+] 2 users Like DiscjockeyDale's post
    Go To Post #1
I would have prefererred they angled the turn signal housing out with a body molding extension similar to this example. Wait a minute that’s a P3 Elio! Smile Although that may have not been an option to meet the certification requirements or feasible to accomplish in a timely manner to kickstart retail production. (Click to expand photo)
[Image: 50-B3-F08-C-14-C5-4-A72-B72-A-A01-CD7-FD8750.jpg]

Go To Post #1
Dale thanks for the ebay link. Now all I need is an FUV to mount them on. Maybe this spring??
    Go To Post #1
Sorry, Red is not the new Goldie II. She will be more spectacular.
[+] 1 user Likes CreativeGuy's post
    Go To Post #1
Goldie II must be one of the first five scheduled to build/deliver next week at the 1 unit/day rate. Please send a photo.

Go To Post #1
(09-19-2019, 07:13 PM)ricschug Wrote: I suspect that those stupid, only to meet federal regulations, turn signals will quickly be replaced by FUV owners. Hopefully when someone finds a good aftermarket replacement it will get posted to this forum. Anyone know who made the old signals?

I was contemplating how to ask for those part numbers that failed certification as well.
    Go To Post #1
Frankly, my preference is to have turn signals that meet FMVSS certification requirements. I just don’t like the add on look Arcimoto used to comply. Apparently, Arcimoto doesn’t either and are working on a replacement option.

[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
I saw that comment on FB as well. If it happens, then of course I will use that replacement.

My guess is the original attempts are certified but only when placed fully facing forward. The angle made it not pass some specific criteria. I'm not going to mess with my brand new FUV, but the moment I find it hanging, I will be replacing them with flush ones
[+] 1 user Likes Odi's post
    Go To Post #1
Does anyone know who got the first 3. 1. Mark F 2. Yellow/black some board member 3. Cosmic blue/black ????